Bac Ha Travel Guide
Bac Ha is a small town in north-western Vietnam, and near the border with China which is considered is a 'little Sapa”.
The best time to visit Bac Ha
The best time to visit Bac Ha is in autumn season from Jan to April which is a great time with good weather, beautiful sceneries.
How to get Bac Ha
- By Train: Bắc Hà can be reached by a nine-hour train journey from Hanoi to Lào Cai. And then tourists can transfer to Bắc Hà by taking a bus or motorbike.
- By Bus: Buses leave from Lao Cai at various times during the day, and take about 2 hours and cost 60,000VND. And return buses leave Bac Ha at various times during the day.
- By Motorbike: It is possible to ride a motorbike from Lao Cai or Sa Pa, because the road is quite good now.
- Get around: Bắc Hà is small, so most things within the town are within walking distance.
What to do in Bac Ha
Bac Ha Market
Bac Ha Market is one of the best ethnic markets in all of Southeast Asia and usually takes place every Sunday which is not only a place for buy and sell but also an opportunity for people from different ethnicities to come and meet after a long time missing
Coming to this market, tourists can buy some local hand -made products such as scarves; T-shirts; metal jewelry and trinkets; carvings and more.
Besides visiting Bac Ha market, tourists also visit and enjoy the other ethnic markets:
- Lung Phin Market is far 12km from Bac Ha and takes place every Sunday.
- Can Cau Market is far 20km from the north of Bac Ha and takes place every Saturday.
- Coc Ly market is far 35km from Bac Ha and takes place every Tuesday.
Bac Ha’s specialties
- Local handicrafts such as handmade jewelry, scarves, wood carvings.
- Click Must try dishes in Sa Pa to need to know what you should try to eat when coming here