Cat Ba Island Travel Guide
Catba Island is the biggest island out of the 366 islands on the Lan Hạ Bay with stunning of sea and island scenery and far only 30 km from Hai Phong city center and 25 km from Ha Long city. This is an ideal place for all travelers if you want to visit Vietnam in the summer time.
The best time to visit Cat Ba Island
If you want to avoid high peak Vietnam season ( April to August) , you should go to Cat Ba during September to November you could enjoy the peaceful atmosphere that is somewhat relaxing also.
How to get there to Cat Ba
- Hanoi- Hai Phong: After getting off bus or train, to travel to Catba island from Hanoi Phong you spend 1.5 hours on speedboat from Binh Pier
Price: about USD 10-12/pax/way
Address: No 4, Bính pier, Hai Phong
- In case you start from Quang Ninh to Cat Ba, you can take Cat Ba or Ferry ( 1 hour)
Price: USD 3-5/pax/way
- Travelers can easily rent a motorbike from any hotel for $5 (standard) per day or less if you look around or visit in the low season
Beautiful attractions in Cat Ba
Beaches: there are three beaches known as Cat Co 1, 2 and 3, located about a kilometer from Cat Ba Town
Photo: Cat Co Beach
Hospital Cave: It is on the main way along the Island, only about 13 km from the Island's center and used as a bomb proof secret hospital and safe house, and it is an amazing sight to see.
Photo: Hospital Cave
Cat Ba National Park: is home to the only population of Golden Headed Langurs – the world’s rarest primate. This is also the hiking options here from a couple of kilometers to a full 18km hike through the park.
Photo: Cat Ba National Park
Monkey Island: considered a gift from the mother of nature with a stunning natural landscape, blue beach, and white sand. Don't miss the amazing attraction if you will visit Cat Ba Island
Photo: Monkey Island
Things to do in Cat Ba Island
- Join Cat Ba Market at the northwestern edge of town to buy fresh seafood and souvenirs
- Rock Climbing at Catba national park
- Kayaking at Lan Ha Bay
Source: Monkey Island Resort