Da Lat Travel Guide
Da Lat located in South Central Highlands of Vietnam and a the capital of Lam Dong province with stunning waterfalls and huge French’s architecture. If you want to find quite and beautiful city, Dalat should be the best choice with fresh climate, breathtaking mountains, stunning vast flower garden, etc
When is the best time to visit Da Lat
The best time to visit Dalat is in the period from November to March- the season of flowers in Dalat
How to go
By bus: is one of the most excellent choices to travel. Travelers can use bus service of some famous company like Sinh Café, Mai Linh Express, Phuong Trang, etc. The ticket's price depend on your route. For instance,
- Bus from Nha Trang – Da Lat: takes 3-4 hours, cost VND 145,000- 150,000 ~ USD 7-8
- Bus from Ho Chi Minh City- Da Lat: takes 7 hours, cost VND240,000 ~ USD 11-13
By Air: If you want to save time, you can travel by air to Da Lat airport. Liên Khương Airport (Da Lat): is far about 30km south of the city, offers daily Vietnam Airlines/Vietjet Air flights to and from HCMC, Danang and Hanoi.
And from Da Lat Airport to a city center, expats can use shuttle buses service with cost about VND 40,000~ USD 2.
The best attractions
- Langbiang Mountain – Dalat: located on Lang Biang Plateau, Lac Duong District, Lam Dong Province far from 13km north of Dalat and including two peaks with its height of 2,169m above the sea level
Adventurous activities: mountain climbing, paragliding and trekking, camp overnight
Entrance fee: VND 10,000~ USD 0.5
- Bao Dai Summer Palace: includes 3 Palaces: Palace I, Palace II, and Palace III (the beautiful elegant palace in a pure pine forest) by a French architect and a Vietnamese architect Huynh Tan Phat
Opening time: 7AM - 4PM
Entrance fee: VND 15.000 ~ USD 0.7
- Hang Nga guesthouse (Crazy house):
Address: 3 Huynh Thuc Khang St., Ward 3, Dalat City
Entrance fee: VND 20.000/ per person ~ USD 1
Stay overnight: USD 34- 84/night
Opening time: 9AM - 4PM
- Dalat Railway Station: one of the finest feats of colonial engineering in Vietnam and built in 1943
Entrance fee: Free
Opening time: All hours
Things to do
- Visit the historical and natural spots such as Dalat Railway Station, Langbiang Mountain, etc
- Enjoy Dalat Nightlife by walking around the night market and eating local food and drinks.
- Biking, hiking and canyoning in fabulous mountains.
What to buy
- Strawberry preserves, Dried and candied fruits, green and artichoke tea, local wine, and other fresh produce are what travelers can buy for the souvenir.
If you intend visiting Vietnam and spend your time in city of love, don't forget check Vietnam visa requirement and avoid unwanted problems and get the most remarkable moments with visa Vietnam
Further reading: The best dishes in Dalat