Hai Phong Travel Guide
Hai Phong- A flamboyant city located 120km to the east of Hanoi, is a large city with an important seaport of Vietnam with many natural heritages and charming landscapes. This is also an ideal destination in your trip in Vietnam. Don't miss your remarkable moment in here
The best time to visit
Hai Phong has a cold, dry winter from November to April and a hot, humid summer season from May to October. The average rain fall is from 1.600 to 1.800 mm, and storms tend to occur from June to September. The best time to visit is from November to April.
How to get there
- By Bus: If you travel from Hanoi to Hai Phong by bus, you can go to Luong Yen Bus Station- Tam Bac Bus Station and buy tickets. And it takes about 2.5 hours from Hanoi to Hai Phòng. With the price is about: VND 80,000- 100,000/ ticket
Address: Luong Yen Bus Station: 3 Nguyễn Khoái, Bạch Đằng, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội.
Tam Bac Bus station: Nguyễn Đức Cảnh, Lê Chân, Hải Phòng
- Bus Train: Travelers can buy train tickets and start from Long Bien train station, Hanoi- Hai Phong Train Station, vice versa. The price is about VND 80,000/pax/ turn
Address: Long Bien Train Station: Đồng Xuân, Hoàn Kiếm. Hà Nội. Phone,(84-4) 39422770
Hai Phong Train Station: No 75 Lương Khánh Thiện, Ngô Quyền,Hải Phòng, Phone: (84-31) 3921333
- By Air: At present, Cat Bi International Airport is served for all visitors who want to travel by air to Haiphong.
Address: Cat Bi International Airport: Lê Hồng Phong, Đằng Lâm, Hải An, Hải Phòng, far from city center 5 km.
Things to do
Visit historical sites:
- Naval Museum: 353 Street, Anh Dung Commune, Kien Thuy District
- Military Zone III Museum: 254 Le Duan Street, Kien An District
- Hai Phong City Museum: ), 11 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hồng Bàng
Discover Natural Landscapes:
Cat Ba Island
- Cat Ba Island: Cat Ba is the largest out of the nearly 2000 islands surrounding the Halong area. Cat ba possesses 17.300ha of tropical forest, 570 of which is primeval
- Đồ Sơn Beach- about 20 km southeast of Haiphong: Stretching 22km wide between two rivers Cam and Van Uc, Do Son with its soft white sand has always been an ideal beach destination. Besides the luscious natural beauty of its 3 beaches, Do Son also processes many cultural and historical artifacts.
- Nghe Temple: is a place to worship the female general Le Chan, who is considered the founder of Hai Phong city. The temple is unique by a bed and musical stone carved from completely stone, with intricate dragon decorations.
- Trang Kenh: about 20 km from Hai Phong downtown, is a beautiful mountain landscape, Trang Kenh is also noted for its historical and archeological importance.
What to eat
When mentioning to Hai Phong, visitors remember to Banh Da Cua and Banh Mi Cay that is the most famous local dishes of Hai Phong city.
Banh Da Cua
- "Bánh đa cua"- a kind of noodle soup with crab and other traditional Vietnamese ingredients- really delicious
- “Bánh mì cay”- spicy- stick bread: one of the specialties in Haiphong, stuffed with pate, pepper and chili sauce
- Where to eat: Hang Kenh Street, Hai Phong
For more information about any destinations in Vietnam, you can read Vietnam Travel Guide