Things to do Hanoi at night
Hanoi is not a world famous place for a night life and is not active as Saigon. Nightlife in Hanoi also is limited, partly because of government rules and partly because of cultural behaviors. Still, exploring Hanoi when the sun goes down is more than possible.
Hanoi is not one of the best places for live music. Most of the places with a band are Western-style, such as Irish pubs, jazz clubs and taverns, so you won't get much in the sense of "local flavor." The bars must close by midnight
Some places listen to live music:
- Minh’s Jazz Club: Live music is offered every night after 9 p.m.
- R & R Tavern: offers live music from Thursday through Saturday, Mexican food and an impressive drink list
Travelers can spend your night time at Hanoi’s bar with live DJs every night as well as a corner for shisha smoking. Some the bar offers big-screen TVs to watch soccer games, a place to play darts and plenty of seating to just chill out and enjoy a drink.
Some places you can you:
- Funky Buddha- 2 Ta Hien Street, Hoan Kiem- one of the best-known bars in Hanoi
- Spotted Cow- 23C Hai Ba Trung, Hoan Kiem
- Dragon Fly Bar in 15 Hang Buom Street, Hanoi Old Quarter.
If you don’t know what to do in Hanoi at night, you can go and join to a night market. It's 3 km in length start from Hang Dao Street to Dong Xuan Market. You have to remember that not every day in week all have a night market, it held only three days at weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and open at 6 PM and closing at 11 PM.
Especially on Saturday night, not only trading and sale, there are more interesting activities with music performances and folk art of Hanoi as Hat Xam, Cheo near Hoan Kiem Lake
Walking around Hanoi
Spending your time with your friend to walk around Hanoi Old Quarter or Hoan Kiem Lake is sweet and memorable moments about Hanoi.
- Get tickets for Water puppetry is an ancient Vietnamese art. The latest shows are at 8 p.m. and last 45 minutes at Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre.
- Drinking coffee at Ta Hien Street, Bao Khanh Street, ect
- Enjoy Bia Hoi at Ta Hien Street, Trang Tien Street, etc
- Enjoy Street food
Make sure you check your Vietnam visa requirement before you have a plan go to Vietnam