How to rent transportation in Vietnam
You are adventure travelers; you want to discover every corner of Vietnam. Renting a bike, motorbike or car is a great idea. Following is some tips and guide to help all you guys:
Where to rent
- If you are not sure how or where to rent a car, you can contact with receptionist of your staying hotel, they will rent it for you and for sure you will have to pay some service fees.
- To rent bike to have to deposit about $ 20
- Cost of rental bike is quite reasonable, it is about VND 8000- VND 12,000 on average/ per day
- Check the brakes & tires before you set off
Where to rent
Almost travel agent and hotels provided rental service for travelers, you can contact with receptionist of your hotel or contact directly with travel agencies to rent your motorbike.
How to rent
It’s not hard to rent a motorbike in Vietnam. One thing you need is identity papers like a hard copy of passport, driving license. But some rental’s shop, you have to deposit 50% - 70% of its value.
Cost: Depending on type of motorbike and its quality, cost will change:
- An automatic motorbike: about $ 12/ day
- Semi-automatic motorbike: about $ 10/day
- A discount about 20% if he decides to fill the gasoline on his own and hire the bike for more than one day.
- Before contracting, you have to test carefully your motorbike‘s quality like brake, light, horn and lock.
- Bring map, repair set and also don’t forget to ask about gas stations.
Where and how to rent
- You can contact directly with Travel Agency.
- All required papers are your passport and driving license.
- Normally, car rental agencies in Vietnam will ask you for international driving licenses if you do not have a Vietnamese driving one, and they might accept your native driving licenses in common languages such as English, French. These licenses will be copied and kept by the agencies for reference
- Deposit: 50 to 100% of the total cost of the contract or an exact pre-determined amount in cash
- Rental fees: VND 500.000 to 10.000.000 per day (about $25-500), depending on the type of car you choose and how luxurious it is.
- Checking the car conditions before renting it is essential for you to avoid accidents or unexpected dramas
- Spending time come to showroom of the agencies to find your best match is highly recommended
- Having to be aware of is the traffic in Vietnam
Further information about Vietnam transportation, please keep reading in Vietnam transportation guide and if you have any question about Vietnam visa on arrival, you completely contact directly to us via email: email@example.com