Hue Travel Guide
Hue is the central region of Vietnam and the former imperial capital. Coming here traveller will have a chance explore a different Vietnam. Following is some guides you need to know about Hue before your trip:
The best time to visit Hue
- October to March is the best time to visit Hue
- Avoiding July and August because it is high seasons for domestic travels in Vietnam and also notorious for the scorching heat
How to travel to Hue
- By air: If you want to save your time, you can take a flight to Hue's international "Phu Bai" (HUI) airport and 15 kilometers away from the city center with Vietnam Airlines, VietjetAir, Jetstar, price VND 800,000/way
- By Train: Travel by train is also the best and safeties way to travel in Vietnam. Please check here for train from Hanoi - Hue
- Besides traveling by train, tourists completely go by bus which is cheap and easy way and takes about 1 day on bus from Hanoi- Hue or Ho Chi Minh- Hue
- Note: It is about 120 km from Hue- Danang ( 2- 2.5 hours on bus)
Top attractions in Hue
- Hue Imperial Citadel Tombs of the Emperors: relics of the Hue ancient Capital – the World Cultural Heritage
- Thien Mu Pagoda: historic temple in the city of Huế and tallest religious building in Vietnam
- Bach Ma National Park: protected area in central Vietnam
- Lang Co Beach: attractive island-like stretch of palm-shaded white sand
Things to do in Hue
- Visiting ancient monuments and tombs
- Swinging beautiful beaches in Vietnam: Thuan An and Lang Co beach
- Mineral hot springs: Tan in Phong An, Phong Dien
- Boat trip along Perfume River
What to eat in Hue
If you are the faithful of gastronomy, don’t miss taste Hue’s food. We are sure that if you try Hue cuisine, definitely you will love it:
- Nem Lui: This dish makes all by pork fat that finely ground, wrap around stick, lemongrass or sugarcane still then grill with charcoal
- Banh Khoai-made from rice flour, water, and turmeric powder, added slivers of fatty pork, shrimp, bean sprouts and then pan fried. This cake is usually used with a fermented soy bean sauce.
- Banh Beo- a small steamed rice pancake. The main ingredient of Banh Beo is fresh shrimp, scallions, mung bean paste, crispy fried shallots, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and oil.
- Che Hue- is considered as Hue’s culture with the diversity of ingredients, colors, form and taste. The most ingredient of Sweet soup in Hue is green peas, small red beans, black eye peas, lotus seeds and some kind or fruits and flours.
- Com Hen- the combination of rice, boiled mussel, star fruit, fish sauce, cabbage, onion, pepper, peanut, chili, and a variety of herbs. One more thing I want to mention is this dish is an extremely spicy flavor
Further reading: The best dishes should try in Hue
- It is one of the biggest festivals in Vietnam and international cultural event organized in Hue every two years to honor the priceless heritages of Hue
- Join Hue Festival, travellers have a chance variety of arts performances during Hue Festival.
- Hue is quite safe and peace. Don’t worry much when travelling in Hue
- Weather is changeable: misty, drizzly or outright rainy => bring along an umbrella