Khanh Hoa Travel Guide
Khanh Hoa is considered to be the deepest sea in the country with a coastline spanning over a length of 200 km with more than 200 islands of various size. This province is one of the most well-known destinations in Vietnam many spectacular bays such as Cam Ranh Bay- one of the few harbors that have the best condition in the world, Van Phong Bay- an artless, wonderful site with a temperate climate, ideal beaches, and diverse coral reefs, NhaTrang Bay - an internationally famous sea resort which is ranked as the 29th most beautiful bay in the world) and many historical destinations such as Cham Towers, Bao Dai Palace, Hon Chong. It's really an ideal destination for those who want to find windy and sunny place.
When is the best time to visit Khanh Hoa
The climate of KhanhHoa is highly tropical and its weather is warm all the time in the plain regions. That is why tourism can have a very favorable condition to develop year-long activities. Avoiding visiting KhanhHoa is in monsoon period with lasts from September to December.
How to get to Khanh Hoa
By Bus: is also the good choice for traveling in Vietnam, expats can reserve the bus’s tickets first or go and buy straightly in every bus station
By Train: Travelling by train is the safeness way when going around Vietnam and also giving expats a chance to see Vietnam’s beauty and Vietnam daily life. To know more detail please check time and train in here: Here
Nha Trang Station: 17 Thái Nguyên Street - Phước Tân - Nha Trang City - Khánh Hòa.
By Airways: Cam Ranh International Airport is located in the northern Cam Ranh peninsula, 30km away from Nha Trang City, and has come into operation since 2004. It is now one of four Vietnam International Airports of Vietnam that you can get Vietnam visa on arrival when entering Vietnam at Cam Ranh Airport
Things to do in Khanh Hoa
Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
Located at 1 Cau Da St, about 5km from Nha Trang City Center, at the foot of the outcrop where Bao Dai Village is constructed, the Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam is an interesting aquarium in which you can gain the exact image of Nha Trang marine environment. The museum is diversity collections of many marine life’s species: reef sharks, turtles, living coral, anemones, puffers, lionfish, clownfish, sea- horses, and a whole array of colorful reef species, some of which can be found in no other place in the world.
Opening time: from 6.00AM to 6.00PM
Entrance fee: VND 30,000/adult.
Hon Chong is a cluster of huge stones located in Hon Chong Group, Vinh Phuong Ward, Nha Trang City. From Hon Chong, travelers can find us in front of the blue sky, the vast sea, and Yen Island in the distance
The Chong Rock consist a square-shaped blocks lying on a flatter and bigger one. Especially, travelers can see the neat imprints of a giant’s five-fingered hand engraved on the stone side facing the sea.
The island is also known under the name Lobster Island located in Cam Ranh Bay, Cam Binh ward – Cam Ranh city – Khanh Hoa province 60km from Nha Trang and 15km from an airport.
Binh Ba Island is quite small, but it’s wild and beautiful with the long beach, white sand, blue waters like emeralds as well as white waves like clouds on the sky. It's big missing if you don't visit Binh Ba Island when visiting Khanh Hoa province.
Food specialty in Khanh Hoa
Photo: Jellyfish noodle in Khanh Hoa
- Bún Sứa Khanh Hoa- Jellyfish noodle in Khanh Hoa: a typical coastal dish, not only the locals enjoy, but also many tourists come here and do not forget to enjoy. Jellyfish noodle must be served with hot and sweet bouillon thanks to cooked from various fishes.
- Nem Chua Ninh Hòa - Ninh Hoa Grilled Meatball: is made of pig’s leg. The meat is ground before mixing with garlic, chili and sliced pork skin. The mixture is then divided into small pieces, each of which can be wrapped in a special type of leaf to make Sour Meatball or grilled to make Grilled Meatball
- Bánh Xoài Cam Ranh- Mango girdle-cake: Cam Ranh city in Khanh Hoa province is famous for specific mango rice paper. It is also known as Nha Trang Mango Cake because the cake is mostly consumed in Nha Trang. The cake tastes sour, the natural sweet with the soft texture. A good mango cake could be preserved more than 7 months
- Cháo Tôm Hùm Bình Ba- Binh Ba Lobster porridge: It's a nutritional dish for your health, porridge is a dish needs water, minerals, salts and help body to release the heat and improve your health
- Cháo nhím biển - Sea - urchin porridge: this dish is the perfect gift of the sea. Enjoy sea - urchin porridge, you cannot mix with any seafood at all, because it is the sweet taste of scallops, the sweetness of shrimp and crabmeat, but subtly scented fishy of sea taste in the charming glamor of spice.