Mu Cang Chai Travel Guide
Mu Cang Chai is a mountainous district of Yen Bai province, in the northeastern region of Vietnam, is about 280km from Hanoi, are known with scenic rice terraces. Each harvest season, Mu Cang Chai welcomes thousands of visitors from around the country & is the new attractive destination for international travelers
The best time to visit
September and October are suggested as the most ideal time to visit Mu Cang Chai as everywhere, from magnificent mountains or beautiful terraced rice fields are bathed in glistening rays.
How to get
There are two ways to visit Mu Cang Chai from Hanoi:
- From Hanoi, you can go straight to Mu Cang Chai by motorcycle or car.
- By Bus: Distance Hanoi – Mu Cang Chai is 280km, but the route is very bad so you have to take about 1 day to arrive by bus. Few bus firms run the route Hanoi – Mu Cang Chai. Catch the bus Hanoi – Lai Chau which goes through Mu Cang Chai, then rent the motorbike to visit around the town area
There’re many other buses in Giap Bat and My Dinh bus station. The most of buses run the route Hanoi – Lai Chau also passes Mu Cang Chai.
- Lim Mong Village: one of the destinations for travelers who love adventure and challenging
- Khau Pha Pass: the highest mountain in Mu Cang Chai area and surrounded by mountains identical messages. The winding stretches of road pass between the old forests are bold and pristine slopes terraced fields of H’Mong, Thai.
- Cao Pha valley: This is also the time when many tourists venture to conquer the scenic gorge. The jungle at Khau Pha preserved many rare animals and plants such as oil data, to her and all kinds of birds, other rare animals.
- Terraced fields in La Pan Tan: Famous for its beautiful terraced fields of heaven leaning fingerprint.
It's regretful if you don't visit and discover one of the most beauty of breathtaking mountain regions. Don't forget check your passport, Vietnam visa requirement and apply Vietnam visas before your trip to our beloved country