Nha Trang Travel Guide
Located in the south of Vietnam around 450km north of Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang is considered as the Vietnam’s most famous seaside resort-town and its most prominent scuba diving destination.
With the beautiful mountains, an amazing beach along a bay impressively dotted with many scenic islands and the best weather destination in Vietnam will bring for expats the best experience ever about Vietnam’s trip.
When is the best time to visit Nha Trang
- February through October is the best time to visit Nha Trang with plenty of sunny days
- The best diving is during the spring months.
How can travellers travel to Nha Trang
By Air: Cam Ranh International Airport is located 30km from the city and serves domestic destinations as well as Russia and South Korea
From airport to Nha Trang city by:
- Airport bus: VND 70,000 ~ USD 3.5/ pax/turn
- Taxi: VND 380,000~ VND 400,000 ~ USD 20/turn
Nha Trang train station is near to the cathedral in the northern part of town and 1 km away from the city centre
- Bus from Ho Chi Minh- Nha Trang: lasts 9 hours, USD 6/pax/turn, depart from Eastern bus station. Travellers can buy tickets from Mai Linh or Phuong Trang company.
- Bus from Da Nang- Nha Trang: similar price and travel time as from Ho Chi Minh City
- Bus from Da Lat- Nha Trang: 3-4 hours, Nha Trang daily by Mai Linh company ($4 per ticket).
Which places visitors shoud visit in Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Theme: located in island across the bay from Nha Trang Beach and consists of hotels 5 stars, shops, beaches, parks
The best way to get Vinpearl Theme: cable car that connects Nha Trang City to this island resort
Entrance fee: USD 10/pax
Opening Hours: 08:00 – 21:00 Monday – Thursday, 08:00 – 22:00 Friday to Sunday
Address: Vinpearl Resort Island, Nha Trang Bay
Tel: +84 58 3 598 188
- Tram Huong Tower- The best landmark in the city of Nha Trang, but is not open to the public and the Lotus Flower shape.
- Po Nagar Cham Towers far 2 miles north of Nha Trang, Vinh Phuoc district, from ponagar travellers will have a good view of the beautiful landscapes of Nha Trang.
Entrance fee: VND 22,000/ per person
- Long Son Pagoda- Temple of the white Buddha: located at the top of the Hill. The most curious of the Pagoda are Long is the statue of seated Buddha, Lotus flower-shaped.
Location: At the end of Xom Bong Bridge, two kilometres out of town.
- Alexandre Yersin Museum: consist of Yersin’s library and office, interesting museum (laboratory equipment, a fascinating 3-D photo viewer, etc)
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 08:00-11:00 and 14:00-16:30
Address: Pasteur Institute 10 Tran Phu Street.
Tel: (058) 822-355
Entrance fee: VND 26,000 ~USD 1.3
- The National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam: various exhibits which range from leopard sharks in tanks, to a plaster cast model of a whale skeleton, etc.
Opening Hours: Daily 07:00-16:30
Location: at the southern base of the small hilltop on which Bao Dai's Villa sits
Tel: (058) 590 037
Entrance fee: VND 30,000~ USD 1
What should visitors do in Nha Trang
- Snorkel: avoid the windy season (October and December)
- Relax on beaches: Bai Dai beach or Long Beach
- Enjoy Nha Trang’s street food
- Relax in the hot springs: Hot springs and mud bathing
- Visit museum: Alexandre Yersin Museum, National Oceanographic Museum
- Shop in Cho Dam Market: fresh produce
- Visit waterfalls: Fairy Spring Waterfalls and the Ba Ho waterfalls
- Visit Po Nagar and Buddha at Long Son Pago
Where to stay overnight in Nha Trang
- Hostel prices – Dorms start at USD $ 5- 40 per night depending on type of room.
- Budget hotel prices – USD $ 10-20 per night to stay in a budget hotel for a double room.
- High-end hotel: USD 100-300/ per night
- Take care with bag snatchings on the beach can happen sometime and pickpocket at night club or bar
- Motorcycle mounted snatch and grab crimes happen in all of Vietnam if careless.
- Make sure you bargain with these vendors
For more assistance about visa on arrival Vietnam, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org