Quang Ninh Travel Guide
Quang Ninh is home to the famous UNESCO’s World Heritage Site- Halong Bay. This province is not just economic development, but also potential land for tourism. It is highly-concentrated biological diversity with many ecosystems of coral reefs, tropical forests, and water-flooded forests featuring thousands of species
The best time to visit Quang Ninh
From April to November is the best time to visit Quang Ninh Province.
How to get to Quang Ninh
Quang Ninh is about 180km far from Hanoi; travellers can choose bus as the best choice.
- Price: VND 100,000-200,000/pax/way
- Bus station: Mỹ Đình or Luong Yen Bus Station
However, expats can choose train to travel from Hanoi to Quang Ninh by Halong Express ( 5 hours), vice versa.
- Price: VND 300,000-500,000/pax/way
- Train station: Gia Lâm (Hanoi) Train Station: Ngọc Thụy, quận Long Biên, Hà Nội
Things to do in Quang Ninh
- Taking a cruise on Halong Bay: Luon Cave, Sung Sot Cave, etc
- Resting on charming beaches and islands: Tuan Chau, Co To Island, Cua Van Floating Market
- Visiting to some pagodas and temples: Yen Tu Pagodas, Cai Bau pagodas, Cua Ong temple, Loi Am pagoda, etc
Drinks and food
Following is some local specialties expats should try one more time when visiting Halong-Quang Ninh:
Photo: Con Ngan
- Fried squid Halong- is a famous dish that tourist should try in Quang Ninh and usually thicker and have a great taste that no other place would have.
- Con Ngán – a type of scallop: is the speciality in Ha Long and is a nutrient – rich seafood living in mud which is full of nature protein, carbohydrates, lipids, vitamins and minerals necessary for the body
- Sá Sùng- Sipunculus nudus is a species of unsegmented marine worm, also known as peanut worms
- Tachypleus tridentatus- is a species of horseshoe crab.
At present, hotel in Quang Ninh is quite various from budget to luxury. Depending on your money and requirement, you also can choose cruise as the best way to discover Quang Ninh beauty like Halong Paradise Suites Hotel, Novotel Ha Long Bay, etc