Quy Nhon Travel Guide
Quy Nhon is a southeastern city of Binh Dinh Province in the middle part of Vietnam. In an area of 284.28 km, Quy Nhon is known for its beautiful surroundings, Cham temples, and nearby beaches and is highly recommended for all seafood lovers. The city is perfect for those who want to break up a journey between Nha Trang and Hoi an, being about 6 hours from each.
The best time to visit Quy Nhon
The weather in Quy Nhon is divided into two specific seasons: dry season (from March to September), rainy season (the rest time in year). The annual average temperature is 24.5oC. To avoid some problems with rain and flood, travelers should visit Quy Nhon during dry season time.
How to get Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon is 1065 km far from Ha Noi in the north, 690km from Ho Chi Minh City to the south
Quy Nhon can be reached by air through Vietnam Airlines flights. Every day, there are flights that connect the port city with Ho Chi Minh City. There are also daily flights to Danang, which go to Hanoi four times a week.
Phu Cat Airport is in the north of the city and serves only domestic destinations.
Quy Nhon is served by Dieu Tri train station on the main line, around 10 km west of Quy Nhon. All Reunification Express trains stop at Dieu Tri. To get to Quy Nhon from there, walk to the main road (around 5 min) and take a bus.
Address: Dieu Tri Train Station: Vân Hội 2, Diêu Trì, Tuy Phước Province
The Quy Nhon bus station is in the south of town, almost 2 km from the supermarket. There is a city bus stop in front of the station. You can take a bus to the city center, but you might have to wait for half an hour
Things to do and what to see in Quy Nhon
- Thap Doi Towers: are the most easily accessed of Quy Nhon’s Cham ruin. Take Tran Hung Dao street west away from the center and look out for the towers on the right. It is a beautiful and unique architecture comprising 2 towers (the main tower is 20 m high and the minor tower is about 18 m high) and rated a “unique” beauty of the Champa’s architectural art. The entrance fee: VND 10,000 and opening time from 8-11am & 1-6pm.
- Quang Trung Museum: located in Tay Son district, 50km from the city. Coming here and with price about $ 15/ per ticket, you can watch martial arts. Visiting Quang Trung Museum, visitors will enjoy he music and demonstrations of Vo Tay Son, a traditional material art of Binh Dinh.
- Ghenh Rang Hill: a beautiful shore with beaches and islets, emerald waters and white sand and far about 3km from city center. From the hillside, tourists can see the entire Eastern part of Quy Nhon city and further is Phuong Mai peninsula with the Thi Nai lagoon that looks like a Chinese ink drawing. And beside the hillside is the tomb of Han Mac Tu – a famous poet in the Vietnam literature
- Thap Banh It: located on the top of a hill between two branches of Con river, namely Tan An and Cau Ganh, next to the Highway 1A, 20 km from Quy Nhon city. This is a group of 4 towers. On the top of each tower is a stone statute of the God Shiva. This is also the group of distinguishing towers with an abundance of nice architectural styles and high value of art.
- Aside from sightseeing and eating seafood, swimming is the next best thing for Quy Nhon visitors and anyone who visits Quy Nhon is expected to go swimming at least once
- Nightlife in Quy Nhon: There is not much nightlife in Quy Nhon. There are no nightclubs or dance halls to visit. However, tourists who enjoy beer and other alcoholic drinks will enjoy their stay in the city after the sun goes down.
- Join traditional festivals in Binh Dinh: The Dong Da Festival, Nhong Pass Festival, The Go Market Festival, The Cau Ngu Festival
What to eat in Quy Nhon
- Fish noodles: This traditional dish is not only famous in Binh Dinh but also well-known in Vietnam due to its flavors and cooking ways. But when you try fish noodles in Quy Nhon, you will feel the special flavor and taste
- Bau Da Wine: It is a famous wine of Binh Dinh and made in An Nhon
- Banh It La Gia Cake: this is a simple and popular cake in Binh Dinh and used in both death anniversaries and marriage customs. It made of fresh sticky rice flour that is mixed well with thorn leaves, sugar, and green bean
- The Song Thang noodles: is famous dishes that made by green bean and have a value of nutrition.
- Banh Hoi: in Binh Dinh is made of rice flour and this is the special dish of Binh Dinh that you should try. This cake is usually eaten with pork, dry rice paper, herbs and fish sauce, making a dish with all tastes of sour, spicy, sweet, fat.