Shopping guide in Hanoi
When visiting Hanoi, tourist can use your time to sightsee and try the best street food, but also you can travel around and go shopping in Hanoi. That is one way in order to discover and have great experience about Hanoi’s daily life. After this article, you will have some idea about what and where to go shopping in Hanoi.
For foreign books in Hanoi, please go to bookstores lining in Trang Tien Street where you could find a book, even a simple English or French grammar, during the years of austere Communist control
- The Bookworm- 15A Ngo Van So Street (collection of international bestsellers, classics, and books on culture and travel)
- Love Planet Tours and Books- 25 Hang Bac Street
- Infostones - 41 Trang Tien Street
To buy silk in Hanoi, you can go directly to Hang Gai Street to pick up some high quality, fashionable silk items. There are two famous brands Khai Silk and the colorful Tan My Design both offering ready-to-wear fashion. The price of silk suit is about $35 to $75, and a blouse or shirt will cost $15 to $20.
Hang Dau Street will be the good choice if you want to buy only shoes. There are hundreds of shoe-sellers lining the street and although larger western men may not find much to fit there is plenty of choice in ladies shoes made by Vietnamese factories. Opening Hours: 09:00 - 20:00
Travelers can buy jewelry at Le Ngoc Street where there are lots of precious stones, diamonds, and gold and jewelry specialty shops.
If visitors want to buy some the best pottery with high quality, Bat Trang will be your destination. Coming here you not only learn how to make pottery, also buy the best local products. Bat Trang village has earned the reputation as the pottery village of Hanoi and located 10 kilometers to the southeast of Hanoi in addition to buying pieces in clay and ceramics
Dong Xuan Market located on the northern edge of the Old Quarter is the largest market in Hanoi with wide of products that has been mainly created for tourists. With its eleven stalls, the brightly-lit food zone is the most animated, serving late night guests until early morning. Opening hours: 07:00 - 19:00
Traditional and Souvenir Items
Hanoi night market is the best choice and runs through the Old Quarter, starting from Hang Dao Street and running north to the edge of Dong Xuan Market. It’s a fun environment and the endless food vendors have interesting and exotic things to try. And usually take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 20:00 PM to 23:00 PM
Clothing & Accessories
Hang Da Shopping Mall located on the western edge of the Old Quarter close to Ba Dinh Square and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. It is a modern, air-conditioned building which has a collection of fashion stalls selling cheap clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. Prices here are cheap and it’s possible to haggle, especially if you are buying in bulk. Opening hours: 10:00 - 18:00
Quality and Luxury Products
In case you want to find a place to buy high- quality products with luxury items, following is some suggestion:
- Trang Tien Plaza: sells mostly luxury items and international designer goods such as Cartier, Burberry, Ermenegildo Zegna and Louis Vuitton, etc. Opening hours: 11:00 - 20:00
- Parkson Mall: There are two Parkson Mall in Hanoi; one located at 198 Street Tây Sơn and the other to the foot of the skyscraper in Hanoi, Keangnam Tower
- Savico Mall Megamall- 7-9 Nguyễn Văn Linh, Long Biên is the largest of Vietnam shopping Center. It has almost all international brands: Levi's, Lacoste, Adidas, Nike, Prada, Burberry, Cartier, etc.Addition also has many electronics stores, computer, and technology
- Vincom City Towers Mall- 91 Bà Triệu, Hà Nội, Việt Nam
- Royal City: - 72A Nguyễn Trãi, Thanh Xuân Street.
The small neighborhood stores and markets do not accept credit cards, only the tourist shops, and malls and usually charged an additional 4% when paying by credit card.