Tay Ninh Travel Guide
Tây Ninh is situated 95 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City and it is famous by the original home of the Cao Dai religion and delicious specialties as shrimp chili salt and Trang Bang girdle-cake. Coming here you will have a chance not only explore the breathtaking beauty of natural mountain but also the best dishes.
The best time to travel
The best time to visit Tay Ninh is between December and April
How to get there
The best way to reach Tay Ninh from Saigon is by bus. It takes about 2.5- 3 hours from Tay Ninh or Mien Tay Bus Station in Ho Chi Minh City.
Things to do in Tay Ninh
- The Cao Dai Temple- km from Tay Ninh in the village of Long Ho, built on nine levels and the inside is lined with a series of pillars with ornate colored dragons curling up them. The ceiling of the temple is painted sky blue and adorned with white fluffy clouds, said to represent the heavens.
- Nui Ba Den Mountain- Black lady mountain: the highest mountain in the southeastern part of Vietnam, and is a part of Nui BaHistorical and Cultural Complex in Tay Ninh, Vietnam, which is famous for its artless scenery and mysterious tales.
- Dau Tieng Reservoir- the largest irrigation reservoir in Vietnam, located in the three provinces of Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc and Tay Ninh, supplying water for farmers in the southeastern region and Thu Duc Water Treatment Plant as well as a splendid attraction complex of mountain, river and island - like a picturesque watercolor painting for passers-by
Mentioning to Tay Ninh, you definitely know about Tay Ninh shrimp chilli salt and Banh Trang Phoi Suong
- Muối ớt- Shrimp Chili Salt: It’s used to eating with fresh fruit, rice, and boiled vegetable. Vietnam love it and whenever they enjoy fresh fruit they have to dipping it with Tay Ninh Shrimp chili salt.
- Bánh tráng phoi suong Trang Bang or Trang Bang girdle-cake: made from high-quality white rice, and is thicker than any other rice paper made around the country and, usually eat with boiled pork and diversities vegetables and is following of Yin-Yang method which is the chosen eating method of Vietnamese people.
One thing we just want to mention for those whose will travel to Ninh Thuan, please taking care scams outside the temple by motorbike drivers. Don't trust or buy anything from them.