Vietnam Airport Tips and Information
This is the first time you travel to Vietnam and you don’t know how to transfer from one of three biggest Vietnam International airports, you can choose one of two ways as below to transport from airport to your hotel or your relatives:
- Tan Son Nhat Airport is far about 8km north of the city center and takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the center of the city from the Airport.
- Danang Airport is far 100 km from hue city and 40 km from Hoian
- Noi Bài International Airport is about 45 kilometers from the center of Hanoi.
Take a taxi
Firstly, take a taxi at the door of Vietnam Airport. Variety taxis line up with proper police regulation outside the airport. It is better that you line up to get the regulated taxi than waving one off the road to avoid scams. Check with your hotel in advance to see if pick-up can be arranged.
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport(Ho Chi Minh Airport): Airport Taxi and Saigon Taxi, cost about US$5-US$7/ Way
- Noi Bai International Airport( Hanoi Airport): Mai Linh and Vinasun taxi, cost around from $60 to $ 80/ Way
- Danang International Airport: Mai Linh, Tien Sa or Song Han Taxi, price of the journey from Danang to Hue will be around USD about $ 200 / Way and the price for the taxi from Danang to Hoian will be about USD$ 100/ Way
Take a bus
In case you want to save some money, you can take a bus to transfer from airport to city centers, but a little bit inconvenience in case you have a lot of luggage.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport: Local bus runs every half hour between the airport and Ben Thanh market (which is a 15 minutes’ walk from the downtown area). Buses run between 6 a.m. and 6pm and the ticket price is about VND 7000/ pax.
- Noi Bai Airport: You can take a bus outside Vietnam airport with VND 8000/ pax or get on airport bus with VND 30,000/pax, but you have to wait until the bus is full.
- Danang Airport: get on bus with VND 18,000/ pax from Danang to Hoian
- Taxi or Bus don’t accept credit card
- Taxi or Bus don’t give invoice or receipt
- All most taxi drivers and bus drivers can't speak English. So we recommend you should write down the address of the hotel in paper or some reference point.