Vietnam Transit Visa
Transit visa are nonimmigrant visas are not required for passengers in transit, provided they have an onward/return tickets, are continuing their journey within 24 hours and do not leave the transit area of the airport.
- Almost countries don't require a visa if you land in the countries just for transiting purpose and Vietnam is not an exception if you plan to stay inside the airport
- Because the Noi Bai and Danang international airports are pretty small and not the best places for a light sleepers. Therefore if you have an overnight transit, you might want to exit the airport and stay at a nearby hotel.
Vietnam transit visa requirements
However, in case you want to exit the airport and stay at a nearby hotel or stay is less than 15 working days for transit purpose, you will need a normal single entry visa. What do you need to receive transit visa?
- Passport Requirements: Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, and with at least one blank passport page available for Vietnamese customs stamp(s).
- Confirmed onward airline ticket
- Valid onward destination visas
In case, you apply for online transit visa, all steps are same as applying for visa on arrival ( fill your personal information, make online payment for service fee, receive the approval letter via email or less for printing out, and get transit visa stamped on your passport- stamping fee USD $ 5).
We also would like to inform that we don’t provide transit visa at present, you can contact directly reliable travel agency or via visa website for visa Vietnam transit