Vietnam visa for foreigners having husband or wife is Vietnamese

You are confusing about Vietnam visa in case you have husband and wife is Vietnamese, so what do you need for applying for visas? You can choose one of these ways below:

  • You can apply for Vietnam visa as normal at Vietnam Embassy in your country or Vietnam visa on arrival 
  • Secondly, you can apply for Vietnam visa exemption. As Vietnam regulation, Vietnam visa exemption is applied for foreigners whose husbands or wives are Vietnamese will have validity in 5 years and applied less than 90 days. After exemption date, if foreigners still want to stay in Vietnam, they need to do procedures to extend temporary residence at Vietnam Immigration Department.
  • Last but not least is permanent residence card which is a kind of long-term visa issued to foreign citizens whose have husband and wife is Vietnamese. For detail, please contact to Vietnam Embassy in your country to know exactly what you have to do

In case, you want to get Vietnam visa for children who have father or mother is Vietnamese, what documents and how can you apply for visa to Vietnam for your child, please keep reading the following notes:

Needed documents

  • Children’s original passport
  • Birth certificate or certificate of family
  • Declaration visa forms N5

Where to apply for Vietnam visa

  • If children enter Vietnam under the situation of visa exemption, they are required to apply for Vietnam visas at Vietnam Department of Immigration.
  • If children enter Vietnam with Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy or Visa on arrival, they also apply for a visa at Vietnam Immigration Department in case you want to extend

For more detail, please contact directly to Vietnam Embassy in your country to know exactly what you have to do. For more assistance, please contact us via email:

Further readings