Vung Tau Travel Guide
Vung Tau is the popular destination for sightseeing in Vietnam with windy all year long, beautiful beaches and abundance of pagodas and temples.Vung Tau is quite near Ho Chi Minh City (about 125km), it is useful for all visitors who want to find marvelous spots for their trip with spectacular beaches and mountains.
The best time to travel
- The best time to visit is a dry season, which lasts from November to April.
How to get there
If you travel from Ho Chi Minh – Vũng Tau by bus, you will take about 3 hours. And you also can buy bus ticket directly at Bus Station like:
- Miền Đông Bus Station
- Hoa Mai bus station on Nguyen Thai Binh Street – 1 district.
By Hydrofoil:Start at Bach Dang wharf
- Price: 10 USD/ 1 ticket/ 1 pax (adult) and 5 USD/ child (age 6-11, height under 1.4m)
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Famous companies: Petro Express, Greenlines, and Vina Express
Top deep attractions
- Spectacular beaches:Beloware some guides about the stunning beaches in Vung Tau for you all.
- Bai Dua- Pineapple Beach: smallest of all the beaches in Vung Tau but is a very popular destination for its majestic sunset and calm waters
- Bai Truoc beach is lined with coconut trees, the beach looks like a crescent moon when seen from far
- Chi Linh and Thuy Tien are the most pristine beaches.
- Vũng Tàu Lighthouse: built in 1862 a spectacular 360-degree view of Vung Tau that provide more great view across the coast. When visiting Vung Tau lighthouse, tourists are required to pay 4,000 VND per visit ~ $ 0.2.
- Statue of Jesus Christ with outstretched arms- the largest sculpture in the Southern Vietnam is built in 1971 and rests on a 10m high platform. It contains a spiral staircase of 129 steps, ascending from the foot of the statue to its neck
- Thich Ca Phat Dai Pagoda: one of the largest pagoda in Vung Tau. This pagoda attracts tourists from the whole country.The pagoda is located on the slopes of Big Mountain. Thich Ca Phat Dai pagoda is made famous by its large and serene environment and its statue of Buddha, 6.2 m tall and in the meditation pose Kiê’t Già, perching on a pedestal 4 m high shaped like a lotus.
- Niet Ban Tinh Xa Pagoda: is also known as Chua Phat Nam or the Pagoda of the Lying Buddha and far 3 km from town and sits on the side of Nui Nho mountain facing the ocean. This is probably the most beautiful pagoda in Vung Tau for its many intricate architectural details and the granite work around the pagoda.
Things to do
- Swimming in beautiful beaches
- Skydiving( $20- 25/Turn), canoeing ( $25-30/hours) and watching dog racing ( On Sunday and Saturday-entrance fee VND 50,000-100,000)
- Climbing mountains
What and where to eat in Vung Tau
- Seafood: Come and visit Vung Tau, don't miss to try fresh and delicious seafood and the best place with appetizing and reasonable price where you can go is Thanh Phat restaurant, at 334 – Tran Phu street
- Bánh khọt – Khot Cake: Banh Khot is one of the specialties of marine origin Vung Tau bring a special flavor is dark rustic people from local favorite to pilgrims and international tourists, the main raw materials to make this cake is rice flour mixed with coconut milk and many other condiments. If you want to try Banh Kho, Gốc Vú Sữa, 14 Nguyễn Trường Tộ, 40,000 VND or Bà Hai's small restaurant, 42 Trần Đồng Street, 40,000 VND will be right place.
- Scam: take care with the instructions of taxis and motor taxis
- Hygiene: Should not eat in restaurants on beaches, let’s ask the locals to know good restaurants
- Take care your property from theft: Visitors should not carry valuables in bags and try to avoid carrying them as much as possible at night
- Visitors can buy souvenir ( handicraft) at Trung Vuong Square
- The hotels often being full at the weekends and especially over public holidays, a midweek is the best time to visit here if you don’t want to avoid crowded.
It's beautiful and marvelous, right. Why don't you choose Vietnam as your destination in this summer? And don't forget to get Vietnam visa before traveling.