Pros and cons of Vietnam Train
If you want to visit and discover every single Vietnam province and also you want to save a few bucks when travelling in Vietnam. Travelling by train is the best solution. We would like to show you the pros and cons of train travelling:
Vietnam train advantages:
- Reasonable price and safety: the fare is haft of airplane price.
- Having a chance to enjoy breathtaking landscapes of Vietnam on the way
- An interesting way to make friends and have a close view about Vietnam daily life.
Vietnam train disadvantages:
- Before getting on train in Vietnam, you have to aware that Vietnam train is not really modern, superfast and clean as trains in Europe.
- Travellers have to take care their own luggage
- Limited service on train about food and drinks, light blankets, etc.
- Having only one toilet in each cabin, sometime overload and out of water
- With long trip like Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh and vice versa travelling by train is not the best choice.
Vietnam train tips
- Book in advance
- Bring some food, light blankets and small pillow if you go night train
- Don’t buy food or souvenir at train stop
- If you have any problems related to your heath or you need help, please feel free to ask conductors.
Using night train will be a great solution for those who have a short holiday. Popular train routes from Hanoi to Sapa, Hanoi to Hue and Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi all offer night train options
For more information and tips about Vietnam transportation, please keep reading in Vietnam transportation guide and don't forget to take enough information about Vietnam visa requirement before you have an intention about visiting Vietnam