Yen Tu Mountain
Yen Tu Mountain is one of the highest peaks in the Dong Trieu Mountains in the north-eastern area of Vietnam, located within the area of Uong Bi Town, Quang Ninh Province.
This is worship pace of Vietnam’s millions of Buddhists with hundreds of temples, other man-made structures, and religious objects.
Starting your itinerary from with Giai Oan brook, actually from a stone bridge connecting two banks of the brook, on the way to the peak of Yen Tu, there stand some sights such as: one-roof pagoda, Bảo Soái pagoda, Yen Ky Sinh stone statue, Ngoa Van hermitage, fairy chessboard, eco-resorts like Thac Vang Thac Bac .
How to go
- From the capital city of Hanoi, expats can go to Yen Tu by shuttle bus, car, or motorbike from Luong Yen or Mi Dinh Bus station. It takes about 4 hours by bus
- Or if you are on Halong cruise, an extra day to visit Yen Tu Mountain would be perfect for your trip.
Thing to do
Yen Tu Mountain is not just a spriritual spot, it's also the best place for sightseeing and look around the beauty of Halong bay.
- Visiting natural landscape : watch a panorama of the extensive North-eastern Vietnam, Bach Dang River, and especially the natural wonder Halong Bay
- Historical relics, sacred sites: Hoa Yen Pagoda, Van Tieu Pagoda, Đồng Pagoda
Where to eat
- When visiting here, tourist should try vegetarian food at Nang Tam Restaurant on the food of Yen Tu Mountain.
Further reading about Quang Ninh Travel Guide